Located in San Diego, our client is a fast-growth international novelty candy company, with recognized brands that we all know and love. Due to exponential growth, the company is hiring for key roles that will impact the future success of the organization. We are currently looking for an IT Specialist to join their team.
This is a hybrid remote role, San Diego. Salary to $100,000 depending on experience. Great benefits and an amazing career trajectory.
The IT Specialist is responsible for providing technical support for remote and local employees including solving user PC and software problems and providing resolution to issues, prioritizing cases in the internal system, and monitoring network/systems infrastructure to ensure all systems are performing properly. Moreover, the IT Specialist will also perform ETL pulling data from a variety of sources including Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central for MRP, and use business intelligence tools to create Excel spreadsheets initially and then move to using PowerBI.
This career has a path to Project Manager and/or Business Intelligence Developer or Analyst.
This is a hybrid position based at the company headquarters in San Diego.
• Promptly respond to requests and cases from end users (both local and remote) by troubleshooting and/or researching and providing the appropriate resolution
Gathers requirements for decision support reports from senior leadership, documents and creates meaningful data
Supports the business with a variety of projects by assisting the third party vendor
• Respond to alerts from any system by following documented procedures for verifying the issue, determining the cause, and resolving or escalating as necessary
• Resolve end user issues via telephone, remote session or in person
• Properly document/make notes of problems in the case system
• Develop and document internal IT processes and procedures
• Work closely with other IT staff members to acquire additional technical and non-technical knowledge
• Work with the following: Microsoft operating systems and products, Microsoft Exchange, active directory, VoIP Systems, Printers, and e-mail applications.
• Provide ongoing technical support using a variety of systems and software.
• Assist in the delivery, installation, and use of systems and services
• Provide Hardware/Software Installation and Setup support.
• Provide Mobile Device Support.
• Assist in developing user documentation/installation procedures.
• Assist in delivering end user training.
Three to five years’ experience providing desktop support in a similar company environment
Must have experience using Microsoft 365, MS Exchange, Azure, Active Directory (on prem and cloud)
Prefers experience with Microsoft Dynamics Business Central for MRP, must have experience creating reports from an MRP/ERP
Excellent customer service skills
Advanced skills in MS Excel required
Experience Installing, patching, and maintaining Windows environments.
Must possess a sense of urgency with a strong ability to multi-task
Experience with IT Ticketing systems, Zendesk a plus.
Must be organized and be able to work in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities
Ability to work under pressure with a positive attitude
CompTIA A+/Net+, CCNA, Microsoft, or related Certification a Plus.